Wow, I can’t believe that one month of my Take 3 project is already over. A third of my pie is gone! It has gone by awfully fast, but has been fun, rewarding, and extremely busy. I have “virtually” met a lot of wonderful people. What have I accomplished?
- A crash course in microfinance
- Five Skype interviews with Mifos users the world over – Lebanon, the Philippines, India and Kenya – helping me create a set of Mifos personas
- Developed an understanding of the Mifos platform and the direction it is headed
- Began an analysis of the UX and recommendations for improvements
- Began workflow designs
- Planned a trip to India and Kenya to begin tomorrow – it is quite incredible how much time one can sink into travel planning, but it should be quite fruitful
The purpose of the travel is to visit with MFIs (microfinance institutions) to watch them use Mifos for their daily tasks in their “natural habitat”. I want to learn how they use the platform, what tasks are performed most (and least) frequently, what they find easy and what they would like to see improved.
From this data, I will be primed and ready to use the second half of my Take 3 time to dig in and build and refine designs. The best is yet to come!